This article explains how to update your iGUIDE camera’s firmware. It is important to update the camera’s firmware to take advantage of new features and bug fixes. Stitch will automatically notify you whenever a newer firmware version is available.
- To check your current firmware version, see the System Information section on the Manage tab.
- Before you begin, ensure that the IMS-5 system battery has at least one bar of battery charge.
- Steps 1-5 can be skipped by using the firmware update notification dialog in Stitch.
- In case of any Survey errors, clear browser history.
- You do not need to open/unzip the firmware update file.
- The firmware update file must be named exactly fw_update.7z, any other name variations will cause this process to fail.
- You can safely rename the file.
Firmware Update Procedure
To update the IMS-5 firmware version follow these steps:
- Sign in to the iGUIDE Portal, manage.youriguide.com.
- Go to the Support Area and click Camera Software and Documentation (IMS-5).
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and download the newest firmware update file, fw_update.7z. Do not download the OLD firmware update file.
- If one exists, delete the old fw_update.7z file from your USB flash drive.
- Copy the new system firmware file on to your USB flash drive and ensure that the file is named exactly fw_update.7z. The file should be placed at the root of the USB drive(i.e. Not in any of your project folders).
- Safely eject the USB flash drive from the computer to avoid file corruption.
- Insert the USB flash drive into the IMS-5 and power it on.
- Navigate in Survey to the Manage tab and press the Update Firmware button.
- Once complete, close Survey and reconnect to the camera to begin using the new firmware.