This article is here to help explain how to change an address in an iGUIDE. Changing an address in an iGUIDE is a three part process consisting of:
Change the Title of the iGUIDE.
Change the Map Address and Location of the iGUIDE.
Change the iGUIDE URL (not required).
A. Change the Title of the iGUIDE
Log into the iGUIDE Portal using the required account information.
Under the My iGUIDEs tab, select the iGUIDE that requires a change.
Click the blue Edit button to enter the Edit Default View page within the selected iGUIDE.
The first text field underneath the title of the page Edit View is the title of the iGUIDE. Click inside the text field and input the new address. Refer to figure 1.
Figure 1 - Edit View page
5. Once a new title has been entered, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the blue Save button to save the change.
B. Change the Map Address and Location of the iGUIDE
- While still within the iGUIDE, click the first tab on the left-hand side called Show iGUIDE Details to get back to the start page.
- Click on the blue Edit button to the right of Property Address. This is the Edit Property page where the correct address will be entered. Refer to figure 2.
Figure 2 - Show iGUIDE details
3. Enter the correct property address. Click to select the Auto function to change the map coordinates to correctly place the property with the new address. Click Save when done. Refer to figure 3.
Figure 3 - Edit Property
C. Change the iGUIDE URL (not required)
If the iGUIDE URL is changed, then anywhere the iGUIDE URL was shared will no longer work. This is because the old URL won’t exist once the change has been made. For example, if the link has been uploaded to a website, social media or an MLS service it will need to be replaced.
To change the URL, click on the first tab Show iGUIDE Details on the left-hand side of the page to return to the start page.
Click on the small blue pencil icon in the top right-hand corner of the page beside the iGUIDE URL. Refer to figure 4.
Figure 4 - Edit the iGUIDE URL
3. The Edit Alias for Default View page will open. Insert the revised iGUIDE URL to match the correct address for the iGUIDE.
Figure 5 - Edit Alias for Default View
4. Click the blue Save button to the right of the text field to save the changes. Refer to figure 5.
NOTE: It is recommended to re-send the iGUIDE Report after these changes have been made to the iGUIDE URL, in order to share the correct links. Click on the iGUIDE View Report tab on the left-hand side of the page and click the blue Send button to send the updated iGUIDE Report.