A panoramic image replacement is for when the photographer needs to make edits to the existing panos (e.g. using Photoshop). Pano image replacement is not to be confused with a pano update, which is performed by the drafting team. Pano image replacement can only be done once the iGUIDE is published. The photographer may need to edit the panos for any or all of the following reasons.
- The images contain any personal or sensitive information that the homeowner does not want to be seen by the public.
- The images contain people, animals or objects (such as the tripod) that interfere with the visuals within the iGUIDE.
Pano images can be replaced by the photographer through tools available on the portal. This process can only be done within the first 2 weeks of an iGUIDE being active. After this date the new panos must be added manually by the drafting team, resulting in a pano update and the associated charge.
The process for replacing pano images is as follows:
- Click the blue Edit button on the iGUIDE.
- On the left hand side of the screen, under Operator Actions, click the Replace Pano Images button(see Figure 1).
- In the preview iGUIDE, select the pano that you need to edit(see Figure 2).
- Click on the image below to download it(see Figure 3).
- Edit the pano using software of your choice.
- Once you have finished editing the pano, follow the instructions shown in the grey box under the Uploaded Images heading(see Figure 4).
- Click the blue Save button and confirm that you are uploading the correct image.
- Click the blue Submit button.