This article explains how to enable the Protection setting on your iGUIDE views, allowing only specific users to view the iGUIDE.
If you choose to set a view as Protected, the view will only be accessible by the manager, users in the iGUIDE Editors list, and other users that you add to the Viewers list. Protected default views will be removed from the search engine index and the iGUIDE Map. Users can also set this option to be enabled in the default settings so that it will be enabled on the Create New iGUIDE page. There are two types of views: Default and Unlisted. Both of these types of views can be protected. Please read on for instructions.
- Find the iGUIDE View that you want to protect in your My iGUIDEs list.
- Press the blue Edit button.
- Scroll down to find the Protection heading and check the box (See Figure 1).
- Search and select the user(s) that you would like to grant access to the iGUIDE.
Note: Only iGUIDE Portal users can be selected.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and press Save.
Figure 1 - Protection on the Edit View page